News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Whisky Reviews

Started by SoldierPmr, April 17, 2015, 09:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noddy

My mate works for one of the whisky distillers, apparently some of the stated age malts are disappearing.  There is not enough to supply the demand that is why we are seeing more and more bottles that are labelled as reserve.  A small amount of say an 18yr old blended with younger malts, thyw will still charge you an arm and a leg tho.  Inference that reserve means its something special.  I have been meaning to keep an eye on the Scottish Whisky Auction website, there seems to be some reasonable lots on there.

Must try the 12yr old Aberlour, working my way through 2 botthes of the 10yr old that my son won golfing at the weekend!

Jim

zeolite

On a different but related note. I got a bottle of Saint Teresa Rum from a Venezualan friend. Absolutely superb.
Schrodinger's troots pictured above.

burnie

There's a good selection on the Taylors Auction house in Montrose, sale is on next Saturday if anyone's interested, mostly whisky.

SoldierPmr

Quick up date. Sian suprised me earlier in the month with a 12 year old Abberlour ive put to say it puts the 10 year old to shame by my tastes excellent drink.

I also bought the Glenlivet founders reserve (light blue box) I was slightly disappointed at first with this but the taste grew on me after afew drinks it doesn't really stand out from the crowd but it's still a nice drink.

SoldierPmr

Well this thread has been dead alittle while.  Any ways on the way back from work I noticed Tesco had some fairly good offers on which left me pretty torn. HP £25 Glenlivet £24 Ardmore £24 and finally Laphroaig 10 for £29. Well I had to go for the Laphroaig and after my first sip it brings back the memories of New Years eve from when I was 16. A good friend and neighbour gave me a glass of the 18 year old and back then I remeber thinking Christ this is horrible far too peaty it's amazing how much taste changes with age. Sadly my neighbour passed away acouple of years ago he was a great guy and this drink brings back the memories I have of him especialy taking me to a strip club in Hackney for my 18th :lol:

Lochan_load

Might need to get to tesco, I need a bottle for the stravaig :lol: definately give old pulteney a go, lovely and not expensive, if anyone sees buhnahabhain at a good price let me know

SoldierPmr

Old Pultney was £25 also. I forgot to say.  :8)

Lochan_load

That sounds like my bottle! Cheers  :lol:

Laxdale

It is nice to read I am not the only one who likes HP.
If you like HP, you will really like Scapa!

burnie

You may also like the Fettercairn Fior too, seen that in the local Tescos.

Go To Front Page