News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Best Glue ................?

Started by Wildfisher, July 30, 2014, 11:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

What do you reckon is the best glue for  refixing wading boot soles that are starting to come come away from the uppers?

Its Me

Bostik 2402 Fred according to Diverdave.Comes in a 2 pack from diving shops.
There should be one about your way.

A

east wind

I had a wading boot felt problem last year and followed the advice given by Rabmax below (belated thanks for the heads up)

Repaired one and by the start of this season the second. Both boots have done a hell of a lot of miles this year and are still sound. I do rate the Gorilla Glue, easy to apply as well.

http://www.wildfisher.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=21923.0
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Billy

I used gorilla glue the last time and managed to get another two seasons out of my boots.

Billy

Wildfisher

The vote would seem to be towards Gorilla Glue. I have ordered some. I think the biggest problem will be getting the partially detached sole completely clean and dry.

east wind

Quote from: admin on July 31, 2014, 04:30:11 PM
I think the biggest problem will be getting the partially detached sole completely clean and dry.

You know anyone with a compressed air line? Golf courses usually have one outside the changing rooms. Mind a add a few wading studs or self tappers to the repaired area.
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Wildfisher

I got the gorilla glue. Having spent days with brushes, hairdrier etc  getting every drop  of moisture off the surfaces to be glued I was pleased to  see that the first line in the instructions was to dampen the surfaces to be glued.    :roll:

B******s! You might have told me.............   :lol:

Go To Front Page