News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Endrick Bug

Started by Malcolm, September 26, 2010, 08:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm

Norm,

This is my basic tail fly for salmon and seatrout. The colours vary; body may be bright yellow, orange, pink or hot red. Wing may be pink orange or peach winging materials - sometimes goat hair, usually marabou. Tail tinsel varies almost black, silver, gold and occasionally green.

First tie in three rubber strandsusing figure of 8

[attachimg=1]

the catch in 8 or 10 strands of tinsel for the tail

then catch in lead wire, body wool, a long saddle hackle, and copper wire rib

[attachimg=2]

run the lead wire, then body wool up the hook

[attachimg=3]

Then palmer the saddle hackle and rib with copper wire

[attachimg=4]

Attach the wing

[attachimg=5]

finally I crinkle up the tail tinsel but rubbing it between forefinger and thumb.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Clan Ford

That's brilliant Malcolm,

Just the sort of info I was after, I'll tie some up and look forward to my catch rate increasing :roll:  If it doesn't I can blame you :shock:

Norm

sinbad

Hi folks i understand this is an older post , Ive been reading up on Endrick posts. Getting the full Lomond ticket this season for the first time in years and could nt think of anyone better than reading Malcolms posts from his local river. Being the kind of fisherman that he was Malcolm has left us a look at his Endrick bug. I'm keen to give it a swim this season. Now I'm not a fly tier any more, anyone able to spend a bit of time making up a dozen or so. Happy to pay well for them and I'll send an extra pound donation for each fly to Fred for the forum. 
Cheers Ian

Go To Front Page