News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harpo

Black-Don

I'm not 100% happy with this but thought I'd post it anyway.

Hope to get the legs spaced better and the tail flattened in future tyings. It's supposed to be a stonefly representation so I suppose I should cut the tail fibres down to two and maybe tie in a couple of " feelers " any suggestions welcome.

paulr

Realised when fishing the loch yesterday that I don't have many wee black dries in my box so knocked up a wee selection of dirty polly style dries and emergers. They might work as searching flees on some of the wee burns I fish too.

[attachimg=1]

And some grannom for evenings on the Kelvin.

[attachimg=2]

scotfly

A classic and a modern variation...

The Adams

And the modern variation.

The Parachute Adams

Clan Chief

Top notch flees and tying! Very nice

haresear

QuoteAt what time of the year do the tarantulas hatch?

I find it coincides with a fall of Chernobyl ants John :)

Nice flies as always Col. I tie something similar to your CDC for a general olive pattern, but find a lightish olive-bodied parachute on a 14 does as well, or better for the olive upright. Maybe it is because the legs are quite evident on the big fly, who knows?
Like you, I like to be able to have a few profiles to offer the fish. It passes the time.. :)

Alex

Protect the edge.

Black-Don

Quote from: haresear on May 08, 2010, 01:15:06 AM
I find it coincides with a fall of Chernobyl ants John :)

Alex

:D :D :D

Fishtales

Drove over the Clyde on the M74 at Hamilton on Thursday about four o'clock and the air was full of small sedge, probably Grannom. Might be worth tying some up.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Clan Ford

Quote from: buzz on May 08, 2010, 09:54:49 AM
Col thanks for posting your flies.
It just goes to show we must spend too much time on running water, since Tuesday all i have done is knock up Olive Uprights :8)

Having said that Iron Blues are in abundance or have been the last two days but so far the fish have been ignoring them, strange as i assume its their favourite fly :shock:

I've spotted the odd olive upright but no irn blues (yet), guess I best get tying...

Norm

Clan Chief

and a very good attempt too!

Go To Front Page