News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Oddly enough I'm in the process of recovering one of Highlander's  long lost Fish Wild articles on Clyde Style fishing  :D

Robbie

Cracking flies Allan. Something beautiful in the simplicity of that style.

Clan Chief

Thanks!
Yeah! I really enjoy the rich history of the Clyde fishing and flytying however I need to learn how to fish the river! Did a bit a number of years ago without any great success.Gonna get a permit this week which covers grayling and trout fishing until March 2023. Which is incredible value!

Wildfisher

What are the pattern names Allan. I'd like to include them in "What Have You Tied Today"  in the new Fish Wild  :)

Clan Chief

Hi fred first pattern is a harelug & plover.
2nd and 3rd are just wet spider patterns I made for the river using woodcock feathers and hare body fur!
4th pattern is what I call Jackdaw Spider obviously with Jackdaw feather!
Heres a Magpie Tail A famous (night flee for the Clyde)

scoobyscott

Last nights efforts [attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

That looks deadly Scott. I really like those jig hooks too.

scoobyscott

Thanks Fred, my attempt at one of Craig Mcdonalds bugs from sage circas nith article. The hooks are hanak jig superb, pricey but my favourite jig

Wildfisher

The hook seems to have a wide gape relative to the shank length which should mean it holds better

scoobyscott

Quote from: admin on October 13, 2021, 03:01:19 PM
The hook seems to have a wide gape relative to the shank length which should mean it holds better
thats exactly what they are short shank and wide gape so can oversize beads to get down with smaller flies

Go To Front Page