News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

The Fly Line Wars

Started by Wildfisher, March 09, 2013, 12:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Does anyone else follow these hilarious discussions on FFF?  They are quite incredible, often quite nasty and always predictable.

Wildfisher

To be fair to any supplier you do sometimes get the odd bad line, line with a fault. I have sold 1000s of lines over the past few years and have had 6 bad ones. That's not bad actually and as long as you give an instant, no quibble refund / replacement the customer is usually happy. There may  also be the odd customer who does not like the line but can't be bothered returning it, you just never know for sure.  Most seem to be more than happy and buy again and again.

The worst line I ever had was an olive green  Barrio  DT. It was like sandpaper and  the tip sank from the off. I'm sure I would have got a replacement had I asked, but I could not be bothered and binned it, so the fault was really mine.

Darwin

They sure do like a good pissing contest over there...  :worried

Suki1312

I'm far from a snob , but i will say , The threads only seem to last about 2 hours before all hell breaks loose  :sport2;. As for lines been using Barrio for a good few years now .
Every day is a school day

Wildfisher

Quote from: Suki1312 on March 10, 2013, 06:16:59 PM
The threads only seem to last about 2 hours before all hell breaks loose

As long as that eh?   :lol:

Inchlaggan

Ye can get pish in this forum in minutes!
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Highlander

QuoteDoes anyone else follow these hilarious discussions on FFF?
Not me, I left some years ago & do not miss them one little bit.
Fred I note you seem to have removed the Sticky to A.N Others fly lines. I never did understand why it was still up when you are "A Fine Purveyor of Fly Lines"
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

Quote from: Highlander on March 10, 2013, 07:24:09 PM
I never did understand why it was still up when you are "A Fine Purveyor of Fly Lines"

Because I am not like other Purveyors of Fly Lines and Pirate was always willing to help when asked with things like supporting the Don trust. This kind of willingness was unique and I thought it should be recognized.  :D

Go To Front Page