News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Leurbost

Started by johnny boy, April 20, 2019, 11:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny boy

My plan today was to get out early, sadly my brother had plans to move his beloved livestock, so I was stuck around the house for much of the day. Finally got going about 5. Got to the Loch and was sitting watching in the car considering where to go when Don went past with his quad and boat on trailer, not so much as a wave...

I followed him up the track, he finally realised he was being followed and stopped, turns out he didn't need a hand launching the boat but thanked me for the offer, we had a good chat about nothing important 😁.

Back to the loch I went, 2 wee brownies was my reward, both slender so no meal for the mother in law today.

Was nice to be out n about but it seemed everything today coincidence to stop me getting out when there was warmth in the air.

caorach

Disappointing, but it is early yet and you did better than me in that at least you got some brownies! It looks like the warmer conditions might not be for staying around too long so maybe not much to get the water warmed up yet.

arawa

And 2 more than me so far. Been out twice but both times were much more windy than I had expected and also still cold. Next week looks good though ...

johnny boy

There have been some nice warm days of late, unfortunately I have been working at the time, let's hope it picks up soon

Laxdale

The key thing is that the water in the lochs should be warm enough now to get insect life going properly. ie, cold air days are no excuse from now on.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

johnny boy

Not so sure its that warm yet Gordon, my hands were frozen getting off the loch, I know some of that would have been wind chill but the water still seemed mightily cold to me.

Go To Front Page