News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Angling Cub Survival

Started by Wildfisher, April 10, 2020, 02:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Do you think your club or other clubs you know will survive this lockdown?  I'm not sure. I paid for my memberships early but I know not everyone does this and some might not do it at all now. I can easily write off the loss, but not everyone can.

I wonder how many people won't bother next season unless there is some kind of concession from clubs and of course that would require a concession from the estates and owners who lease the waters to the clubs.

I'm not hopeful I must say and unless this ends soon it will likely be a fatal blow to clubs that are already struggling.

ianmck

It's been a while since I have been a member of a club. My guess would be that the majority of club members  pay for season renewals before the lockdown began so hopefully won't have a massive impact, especially if the social distancing is relaxed soon to allow outdoor activities like fishing. I'm sure the stocked rainbow fisheries will be in trouble though, assuming they are behaving and not allowing fishing.

SoldierPmr

Strangely this year my club had already sold 84 tickets before I got mine in mid March. Last years total membership was in the 50s. People *panic* buying tickets thinking they could go out fishing before the lock down came.

johnsd

Our club have sold most of our tickets for this season.We have been told by Scottish water to refrain from fishing until this crisis is over.in the past a drought has seen them pump water to other waters,owning to a goodwill gesture a reduction in rent was sought I would like to think something similar would happen here,I would like to think our members would get to vote on a reduction of fees next season if need be.on the whole I think the club is in a healthy state.
yer going where

Wildfisher

I guess lots of clubs stock and will have had to cancel the orders of fish. I suppose this will have an impact  on the trout farms too who will be stuck with vast number of fish they didn't expect to have to feed.

fergie

I'm a member of two clubs. I'd say they will be fine. All the tickets have been paid. The club would normally do 3 or 4 stockings with brownies per season. No need for that now so they will be up a few quid now.
As for the LLAIA they will probably be a bit down as they won't be getting any travelling anglers cash. 🙄

Laxdale

Quote from: admin on April 10, 2020, 04:33:22 PM
I guess lots of clubs stock and will have had to cancel the orders of fish. I suppose this will have an impact  on the trout farms too who will be stuck with vast number of fish they didn't expect to have to feed.

That cheered me up. Hopefully the Loch Achonachie AC feckers had to cancel their stocking.

Wildfisher

Our club stocks the Lunan with a few hundred triploid browns. It's done in May these days. 200 fish over 6 miles of river and it's a total waste of money so I'm kinda hoping it won't go ahead this year.

IanR

Orkney Trout Fishing Association are refunding subscriptions, or carrying them forward for next year.

https://www.orkneytroutfishing.co.uk/

Highlander

So what happens if lockdown etc. is suspended lets say summer. No fishing seems to me a bit premature.

My club has taken all membership fees for 2020 season I do not expect it to be refunded.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Go To Front Page