News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Passing the time, back yard practice.

Started by Simon Everett, April 17, 2020, 04:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Everett

I don't know if you lot know, but I also do some air rifle shooting. Since my accident I can't use a rifle anymore, but keep my eye and hand in with the airgun.  One of the disciplines I partake in is Bell Target Shooting, I shoot at the Uttoxeter Bell Target Club and a few of the postal competitions that take place too. With this restricted movement foisted upon us I got round to finishing my own bell target, using one of the league faceplates, so it is exactly the same as shooting at any club match. Set at the regulation height of 5 feet to the bull. Shot from 18 feet, or 6 yards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqQgl-GFFZk

fergie

I'd have the cops at my door in minutes if I done that.  :D

caorach

That looks great fun and fantastic practice Simon but, unfortunately, I'm currently in Northern Ireland and an air rifle here goes on a full firearms certificate and is treated the same as a full bore rifle, as does a shotgun. So, I don't see me taking it up any time soon :-)

Laxdale

Mmmm. I think next time there is a drizzly southerly wind, I shall take out my frustrations on the pigeons nesting in the farm buildings. That should waste some lead and pass a day.

emc

What sort of air rifle do you need to take out a pigeon cleanly?

Eating all the apricots! B******s!!

fergie

SoldierPmr

22 and177 will work more todo with the pellet type for birds. Your looking for a point rather than a flat head as it penetrates feathers better. Your also aiming for the head on the birds.

Go To Front Page