News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Blue touch paper been lit

Started by Scozzie, May 11, 2020, 12:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scozzie

Just walked down to chemist with script and I'm afraid Boris has lit blue touch paper many more cars on the road loads more people about in town and park was really busy I also contacted just now a caravan we had booked in caithness for end of May to put booking back to sept and she was telling me she has had 15 enquiries cross border about new bookings already this morning it's not going to end well

sagecirca

Day off today and I have found the opposite to be true. Cycled through to Luss and back and I seen hardly any cars on the road and only a few families out along the river Leven walking. Luss itself was a ghost town.

superscot

Nothing has changed in Scotland You stay at home

Wildfisher

Saw loads of cars, vans, lorries, walkers and cyclists both this morning and again this afternoon. Getting more like normal. Looks like a lot like Scots have been listening to the PM.

Stay alert guys.

Noddy

I went to Silverburn this afternoon to get my Tesco click and collect order.  The traffic was at near normal levels.  Also noticed today builders have started back on aa nearby housing development.

Jim

Wildfisher

Quote from: Noddy on May 11, 2020, 11:39:03 PM
The traffic was at near normal levels.

The big difference I noticed was a marked increase in tradesmen, big lorries and vans. 

It's all very well to telling these people to "stay at home" but if they do many of them won't have jobs to go back to in a few weeks time and will be on the dole. The message from the SG is very confused  - "stay at home" but you can go out and exercise as much as you want - so really - you don't have to "stay at home".

Laxdale

Look at the death rates per 100000 people and test rates per 100000 people in the four home nations.
Than ask yourself why Scots are worried about an English invasion. They should be more worried about Scottish covid numbers and the poor performance of the SNHS with regard to testing.

fergie

I've been out and done a few small jobs. No contact with anyone. More for my mental well being than my financial.

Wildfisher

Quote from: fergie on May 12, 2020, 10:58:35 AM
I've been out and done a few small jobs. No contact with anyone. More for my mental well being than my financial.

I have no doubt at all you act totally responsibly Alan as would the vast majority of decent, intelligent people. We don't need to be nannied.

Bobfly

Popped into Auchterarder for some shopping today. Roughly half the shops open, cafes doing carryout custom and, to my surprise, the cycle shop had their hire bikes lined along on the pavement stands and they were taking delivery of more bikes in shipping boxes. Quite a few gardening maintenance vans going about.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page