News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Emergency! Need a bed in tongue!

Started by Lochan_load, August 09, 2016, 10:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Does anyone have any idea where I can stay up at tongue at short notice, both hostels are full. I've left it last minute so only myslef to blame  :? Dont want to spend a lot so any other hostels reasonably close or a b&b would be good, I've phoned the crash to see what they offer but no answer, does anyone know if they're still open and what roughly they charge? It looks a bit wet to camp comfortably so worst comes to the worst I'll be in the car!

corsican dave

good job you got the syntax right there. made me look twice... :lol:

sorry, I know that doesn't help much  :roll:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

I'm pretty sure the Crask is on limited opening and they are not the best at answering the phone. I'd try them again a few times before giving up.

Otter Spotter

Mackays Rooms in Durness along the road a bit but decent digs and you have the limestone lochs on the doorstep.

Google reveals - 'Loch Shin Wigwams' pricey for one though
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

Lochan_load

Had thought about Durness ....ill have a look

Lochan_load

Accommodations a bit scarce but managed to get the bunkhouse in Durness tomorrow night and a room at the bettyhill hotel for Thursday for a grand total of 69 quid ( and considering the title of this thread quite an appropriate number ;) ) this time tomorrow night I'll be fishing caladail with a day at croispol on Thursday and then a couple of lochs over at tongue on the way back.....it's a tough life!

Go To Front Page