News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Recent posts

Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Aquarium Plants
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 04:02:48 PM
How small pieces can the Java Moss be safely broken into prior to tying to the wood?
Last post by Jon - Today at 03:50:25 PM
Quote from: Wildfisher on Today at 02:58:16 PMPlants just arrived Jon, any thanks. Won't get the tank until Sunday and set up Monday. How best to store the plants until then?

In the fridge in this weather!
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 02:58:16 PM
Plants just arrived Jon, any thanks. Won't get the tank until Sunday and set up Monday. How best to store the plants until then?
Open Board / Re: Whisky Reviews
Last post by arawa - Today at 02:27:06 PM
I very much enjoyed at Christmas helping my son empty his bottle of 1993 Glendronach. Very very nice. He just sent me this picture from the dutyfree at Edinburgh. No more of that for us!
Last post by arawa - Today at 02:21:53 PM
Quote from: SoldierPmr on Today at 01:41:29 PMIt's a shame we don't get much a selection of bourbons over here. It seems the yanks keep the best for them selves. With such a big internal market they have no need to sell them abroad. I often use wild turkey 101 as my cocktail whisky I think it's pretty good value for money.
I am pretty much into bourbons more than malts these days but the good ones are in short supply - and are expensive! I lucked into a real find at a deli in Dornoch a few months ago which was selling a wide range of Blantons at a massive discount to other suppliers. But after I made a decent hole in their stock they have put their prices up considerably :o.
House of Malt in Carlisle is usually a good source of bourbons but when I called in a month ago they were saying that they were finding it hard to get stock and what they can get sells as soon as it appears on their website.
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Sand
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 01:44:52 PM
Glorious day here, another walk in the woods, a few more roots. Got way too much now.  ;D

232e6fac-6dc9-4876-ba78-e139727d3b81.jpg
Last post by SoldierPmr - Today at 01:41:29 PM
It's a shame we don't get much a selection of bourbons over here. It seems the yanks keep the best for them selves. With such a big internal market they have no need to sell them abroad. I often use wild turkey 101 as my cocktail whisky I think it's pretty good value for money.
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Brine Shrimp
Last post by Jon - Today at 12:12:57 PM
Not sure I'm keen enough to build my own these days.

I've gone through phases where I became a bit obsessive about rare Killifish, spending a lot of effort sourcing eggs and fish etc. You spend time producing live food there!

I then did the same with rare West African Cichlids.

When I do finally get the time I want to build a paludarium configured in a way that it can house fish, darts and lizards with loads of live plants too.

I really want to have a serious crack at breeding a few marine species also. I've even bought almost all the kit required. I just lack time. But it will happen. Eventually...

Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 12:01:03 PM
Quote from: Jon on Today at 11:46:59 AMYou have been warned. :)
Yeah I have been there before. Had 7 or 8 tanks last time including one 5 foot wide, deep giant I built from salvaged shop window plate glass after a particularly rowdy Aberdeen vs Rangers match. Cost peanuts to make.

God, I really was young and keen once!  ;D
Last post by Jon - Today at 11:46:59 AM
At some point you'll want to raise a batch of fish. To do this properly you'll need a grow out tank...

At some point you'll come across a species you really want to keep but that isn't really compatible with what you currently have...

At some point you'll feel the need to challenge yourself with something much more difficult to keep and breed...

At some point you'll think about keeping saltwater...

Keep visiting LFS and watching Youtube videos and this might become an obsession.

You have been warned. :)
Go To Front Page