News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lochgarryfisher

Have been having loads of takes but not many hook ups on my big flees so here is plan B, much lighter so easier to cast, still got the volume but with the flying treble am hoping a fish will actually stay on.

Lochan_load

Looks good mark, think the flying treble might do the trick ;) still to watch the April vokey videos but certainly enjoyed looking at her photos!

Wildfisher

A seriously heavy stone fly nymph. Size 10 hook with lead wire under-body and 3.5 mm top mounted tungsten bead to make it swim hook-up so it has less chance of snagging as it bounces along the river bed.

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

Same as above but with no lead under-body to make the profile slimmer.  Right way up this time.

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

Mini Streamer using olive marabou and  a Fish Skull head, tied to swim hook-up.  Fish Skulls and not too expensive and dead easy to use. You need a waterproof superglue such as Zap A Gap

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

And another

[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

Now that would make an excellent sandeel head ! Are they available in various size and weights per chance?

Wildfisher

Loads of sizes, colours and weights. The ones above are the smallest. I posted about them here

http://www.wildfisher.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=23297.0

Lochan_load

After a cracking day with mark(lochgarry) at erm lochgarry yesterday I tied this up to try and keep bulk low for casting and impact and size high, mark came up with the idea of spinning hair and I've had a go at spinning marabou in a dubbing loop, the claret is a lot darker than it appears in the photo

The vokey tingler.....

Lochan_load

Silver nun

Go To Front Page