News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Yes he knows his stuff. You have to be good at catching fish to become the English rivers champion. No matter what you think about competition fishing (and I cannot abide it) the top guys are very good anglers.

Wildfisher

Same thing again with an under-wing of olive Aero Wing added for yet more buoyancy.

[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

My take on an intruder, first time using this type of hook

The Char Sui

lochgarryfisher

That is one awfully bonnie neat fly!  Almost harking back to traditional classic salmon fly tying with a modern twist, cross between a General Practitioner and a Green Highlander?
How you have managed to place those 3 strands of black (ostrich herl?) so neatly i will never know!

Allan Crawford

Yes nice fly but need to see what it looks like in the water ?

Lochan_load

I was trying to tie an intruder streamer in char colours for Garry but the only hook that had a long enough shank was this trad salmon hook, it came out looking quite classic but that wasn't the intention!!
It's a bit rougher in 'real life' than the photo shows but if I did fly fish for salmon (I don't) I'd be happy to give it a chuck, the colours work quite well together so I'll use them together for something a bit more useful

lochgarryfisher

A friend saw my new fly box and was horrified by the size of some of them so tied him some more traditional smaller ones he could chuck with his 5wt
[attachimg=1]

Whilst i had my stuff out though i couldn't resist trying to copy Lochan's Black Nun above, don't have any silver squirrel so substituted it with German Shepherd neck hair, never been a fan of marabou before but think i may be converted with the Scandinavian spinning technique
[attachimg=2]

bibio1

Lookin forward to seeing the fishing results . You are certainly trail blazing.

corsican dave

stealth bomber; this one's on a #4, but i'm gonna do some size 8 "babies" for muckle troot....
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Allan Crawford

Looks good for the big trout from the bigger lochs like Lochy for example. Problem with Lochy is getting a boat on it but as you can carry that Kayak of yours ..... :wink:

Go To Front Page