News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lochgarryfisher

Posty arrived today with yet more fly tying stuff, took a while but here is my first attempt at a Vokey inspired tube fly in what i think are good colours for this loch.  [Unfortunately the camera flash seems to have wiped out the colours]
Believe it or not it is one of the most lightest dressed flies i have ever tied, the technique of spinning all the materials however gives it the appearance of bulk/body, off to give it a wee swim...

Wildfisher

Teal Blue And Silver streamer with a silver Fish Skull head. One for the sea trout.

[attachimg=1]

Robbie

Nice looking fly Fred, whats it like casting on a 5wt?

Wildfisher

A pig.  :lol:

Actually, it's OK as long as you just slow things down and don't begin the forward stroke of the cast until you feel the tug on the back cast. Put it another way it's not like casting a  size 16 dry fly, but it works.  :8)

lochgarryfisher

Not one of my flies but a colour combination i will certainly be using...[attachimg=1]

The baby pike was coughed up in the net by....[attachimg=2]

Please note the flat calm conditions, enuf said Stan.

bibio1

thats a peach....both the fly and the fish

haresear

Quote from: bibio1 on July 18, 2014, 12:55:32 PM
thats a peach....both the fly and the fish

Sure is :shock:

Alex
Protect the edge.

rannoch raider

A fine bit of 'matching the hatch' there! :) Belter of a fish. You're having a brilliant season Mark. Well done.

Harpo

Wildfisher

Some big LT Klinkhamers for a visit to a favourite river this week. Peacock Herl replaced by Peacock Ice Yarn.

[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page