News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Recent posts

Open Board / Re: Whisky Reviews
Last post by Jon - Today at 10:57:50 AM
You can find a lot of cheap whisky on Amazon at certain times. It's well worth looking out for the deals.

Springbank casks have made 6 figures plus in recent years.

I'm off to a see friends this evening. Tonight it won't be Scotch but different bourbons! :)
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Micro terrarium
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 10:18:03 AM
Last post by Jon - Today at 09:59:10 AM
You and me both. I can't stand the things.

I don't even look at them when visiting the shop I mentioned!
Open Board / Re: Marsh Harriers
Last post by SoldierPmr - Yesterday at 11:50:07 PM
Great shots Fred
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Aquarium Plants
Last post by Wildfisher - Yesterday at 05:30:34 PM
Back in my Alpine Nursery days we mixed our own potting compost which was up to 50% grit. I mixed in instant and controlled release fertilizers to grow on and sustain the plants for their stay in the garden centres. I wondered if the root tabs would release more rapidly if broken up and therefore had a greater surface area.
Last post by Fishtales - Yesterday at 05:15:41 PM
Putting them in whole will feed say a highlight heavy feeder plant, like an Amazon Sword and some near it, crushing and spreading would feed plants that require less nutrients like fast growing stem plants over a bigger area. Don't put them in though until you have the hard landscaping done then they wont be covered by rocks and wood.
Last post by Wildfisher - Yesterday at 04:58:25 PM
There are 10 root tabs in the packet. Should I break them up and spread them under the substrate or keep them whole? I've seen the MD Fish Tanks guy on YT do both.
Last post by Wildfisher - Yesterday at 04:51:26 PM
Quote from: Jon on Yesterday at 04:43:41 PMI much prefer fish..... :)

Me too. Just keep me away from spiders, they seem to stir up a deep rooted primeval  dread in me.. I don't harm them, I just relocate them outside.  ;D
Last post by Jon - Yesterday at 04:43:41 PM
Quote from: Wildfisher on Yesterday at 04:27:04 PMLooks great will be  interesting to see how it goes. :)

It's not mine. I have a weird kid who loves praying mantis.

He has an orchid mantis which will eventually look like this.

And when visiting an aquatic shop recently he convinced me to get him a spiny flower mantis. Who's final 'home' I've just knocked together. Eventually it will look like this.

I much prefer fish..... :)
Open Board / Marsh Harriers
Last post by Wildfisher - Yesterday at 04:31:47 PM
Marsh Harrier pair at RSPB Kinnordy this morning. The blue-grey one is the male. Quite far away, so a bit small. The male appears to have 2 females nesting. Busy lad!  :D

mhf.jpg

mhm.jpg
Go To Front Page