News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Scotland Uniform for Commonwealth Games

Started by Highlander, July 08, 2014, 06:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Surely the shell suit would have reflected modern day Scotland more accurately?   :D

bibio1

Quote from: admin on July 10, 2014, 12:35:32 PM
Surely the shell suit would have reflected modern day Scotland more accurately?   :D

not sure about that! remember when all the competitors come off their flights and see everyone in glasgow wears shell suits they'll think we're one of the biggest sporting cities in the world.

Wildfisher

Wildfisher

Quote from: Billy on July 10, 2014, 07:18:21 AM
Its probably treason but I just cant get into this commonwealth games thing.

Nor I. They are pretty meaningless really, limited competition and hardly a sporting world prestigious event.  No harm in it of course, other than perhaps spending money that might be better targeted elsewhere. At least it gives us something else to moan about, we Scots seem to enjoy that.  :lol:

lnelson20

All sorts of athletes ill and two cameroon's have done a runner  :lol: You couldn't make it up.

Chris
c.nelson

Wildfisher

I wish Cameroon McNeish would do a runner   :lol:

Wildfisher

Quote from: lnelson20 on July 20, 2014, 12:47:22 PM
You couldn't make it up.

Indeed. More seriously I really wish we didn't squander taxpayer's money that might be better spent elsewhere on nonsense like this. What benefit is there for ordinary Scots? These things are masturbation aids for politicians. I just count my blessings I don't live in Glasgow and have to go about my regular business there over the coming few weeks. This was discussed on various radio shows over past weeks and there is really no evidence that any long term good comes out of these things.

Inchlaggan

'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

bibio1

just been informed that if coatbridge was represented in the games theyd be above pakistan and northern ireland.

glasgow is mental at the moment.

Wildfisher

Go To Front Page