News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

perfectos waders

Started by gerrymaguire, May 02, 2014, 05:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrymaguire

anybody remember the latex waders perfectos, they were made near brechin ,cant remember the company, they could roll up and fit in a carrier bag, easy to patch repairs with glue and a patch, don't think anybody makes these style of belly waders anymore

Highlander

Perfectos Wader Dept,
543 Gorgie Rod
Edinburgh 11

Taken from an advert in Rod & Line magazine 1962. May well be their head office address & made elswhere. Brechin you say. I'll have a look at my old magazines, see if there is a report or such.

Doubt they will be there anymore. I had a pair in the late 60s. My first "chesties" Felt the Bees Knees as I had the Ross studded boots to go with them.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

There used to be a "Perfectos" clothing factory he in the village. They made waterproofs etc.  Is that the same maker?

Highlander

Could well be Fred, I believe they did make PVC waterproofs. It was their waders they were best known for. Anyone that was serious about "deeper wading" in the 60s-70s bought this type. I had a look through my volumes of the now defunct Rod & Line mags & many of the anglers portrayed were wearing this type.
They were made from latex rubber & you had to put socks over them & then into an ankle boot. I do not remember any other "chesties" at the time other than the excellent Canadian Red Ball make. PVC ones  followed on from these. They may well have been rubber ones such as the Dunlop Steamfisher in a chest variation but I did not own a pair or even remember but probably were there. I went from these straight to The Ocean brand & I actually still have a pair of these PVC to this day.
I found a report on them in a 1963 edition of the mag but does not list manufacturing address. £7.3 shillings. Those were the days  :roll:
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

gerrymaguire

it was definitely around brechin or frockheim they were made and they did make waterproofs as well. and as a matter of fact I still use mine, bought them out of shotcast Dundee donkeys years ago and ive got the green studded  ross brouges as well, not a patch in them either, got to talcum powder them at the end of the season,i bought a pair of those goretex ones but they are a nightmare to get off with those neoprene gravel guards.

superscot

The waders in question are they what could only be described as a rubber suit, if so i had a pair in fact had two pair along with Green studded ankle boots really comfy to wear but never kept the cold out.   

gerrymaguire

pic

Go To Front Page