News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Scottish Fly Fair 2019, 9th – 10th March

Started by Robbie, February 26, 2019, 01:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bibio1

I'm going tomorrow if anyone wants to meet for a coffee. Will be there at 10.00am. It was good last year but a bit under whelmed. More exhibitions this year so good it's growing.

Bobfly

I was there this morning. Many busy tyers in the new upstairs room and plenty live workings to see there (also CD tucked in the carp corner). Not too much in the materials for sale stalls. I had a list of 5 lots of hooks to buy and found non of them. One quite large stall was selling off mostly old stock including what appeared to be old Partridge hooks.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Robbie

It's shame there weren't many material retailers. They were fairly well represented last year.

free the bees

Went Saturday and like a few folk have said, disappointed that there werent so many stalls as I had a list of things that I required.  Cookshill stall was there with some quality products as usual. I wasnt there last year so not sure how comparable the number of stalls present, but they all seemed to be doing a decent trade when I was there.

I really enjoyed watching and speaking to the tyers upstairs. Some of the flies were amazing and found that they were all to happy to answer questions.

claytonmcnie

Went there yesterday with my old mate Geo, very enjoyable, i enjoyed watching some of the Tyers, some are very tidy indeed, and of course bought a little more than was needed, tried to get a chat with CD but every time i was round, he was chatting with someone, (man has a fair capacity for a blether) and i dont like interrupting anyone, but thats what people are there for, but managed a chat with his colleague who was tying up a few dead budgies, bought all my stuff from cooksills, good quality.

Billy

I popped along on Saturday for a quick look.
It was quiet when I was there but I don't know if people had gone early to get back in time for the Rugby. Had a chat with Corsican Dave and Alan Liddle while I was there and then had a wander around the tiers.
I had intended getting some stuff but nothing took my fancy so I met up wife the wife and the wee dog outside and we headed into Stirling before going home.

Bill

Highlander

Didn't go thought 50 odd tiers ws a bit OTT. How do they get to choose the tiers sure they are mostly very good but off many whom I have never heard of before. Last question was the catering facilities ok I believe that last year it left a lot to be desired.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Go To Front Page