News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Jays

Started by Malcolm, June 15, 2009, 02:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm

I spotted a jay yesterday up at Victoria bridge. First one I've seen in Scotland since the Tweed stravaig. Any one else seen them around? They seem to be as rare as hen's teeth at the moment. 
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Malcolm

Quote from: breac uaig on June 15, 2009, 04:03:23 PM
which Victoria Bridge?    :)    breac uaig

Sorry, by Bridge of Orchy
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Scotaidh

There is a small population of Jays in the woods around Sauchieburn and Touch in Stirling.  One cold winters day I put up 6 from a clearing and they cackled away into the trees, infact that's the only time I actually seen them, all others were only heard, very secretive.

Talking of birds I saw a Perigrine flying out of Dundee city centre with a pigeon in its grasp on my way home from work this evening.

silverbutcher

Malcolm,
             We saw one just south of Sanquhar a couple of Sundays back. It's the first one I've ever seen.

Billy

alancrob

I had great seats to watch the Blue Jays beat Seattle in the Sky Dome last year!  :?

A.

burnie

Jays need a good supply of acorns,so find a wood with plenty of oak trees and you should find Jays,Montreathmont forest has a few(Jays and Oaks)

alancrob

There has been a Jay spotted at the bird feeders at Loch of Lowes visitor centre. I would assume more than 1 in the area.

A.

Go To Front Page