News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fly tying vice and accessories

Started by Lochan, April 25, 2009, 02:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm

If you don't want to buy hooks in 100s you can buy Kamasan hooks from fishtec in 50s at ?2.50. You do have to buy quite a lot though as they are real rip-off merchants when it comes to postage: about ?4 for small items.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Ian_M

Quote from: Malcolm on April 29, 2009, 11:57:02 AM
If you don't want to buy hooks in 100s you can buy Kamasan hooks from fishtec in 50s at £2.50. You do have to buy quite a lot though as they are real rip-off merchants when it comes to postage: about £4 for small items.

Malcolm, the link I gave for Angling Classics works out at £4.00 per 100 (Kamasan) and they add £1.00 postage for every 100. Probably work out cheaper. Good service too.
Ian

Wildfisher

Quote from: Ardbeg on April 30, 2009, 01:38:04 AM
My suggestion is, if you have a local fishing shop try and get as much from them as possible

That very much depends on the tackle shop Steve. Those in Aberdeen could vanish without trace tomorrow for all I care. I am not sure the knowledge goes far beyond stockie  bashing and salmon fishing, or at least that?s the impression I get.

Yesterday my son Gordon who is keen to get back into  fishing visited a local shop and they tried to sell him a  7 weight Diawa. Thank goodness he phoned me first. Why he thought he would have to buy gear at all when I have a garage full of it is another matter, but as I said, thank goodness he phoned me. I can set him up with a more suitable outfit  free of charge.

That kind of tackle shop has very little value in my book. I?d rather seek advice on a forum like  this and buy on line.

Wildfisher

Smurf,

Ask a mutual friend who used to live in Aberdeen about a certain tackle shop  there. Even after many years of spending a pretty penny in that establishment if the total came to 30.01 that?s what it always was, never 30.00  :roll:

Wildfisher

Quote from: Bandy Catcher on April 30, 2009, 05:08:16 PM
That'll be me then!

Indeed it is but I thought it better you did the identifying.   :lol:

Wildfisher

Quote from: breac uaig on April 30, 2009, 05:41:49 PM
it creases me that there are some dealers who are that unscrupulous,

Derek,

Some are for sure, others  are just totally clueless. As  I said thank goodness Gordon phoned me.

Smurf, John,

Seems like  you have a bit of a gem there in Blair, well worth looking after. I just bought a new magic wand,  a Sage TCX.  I bought it on line from Sportfish because their  service has always been  superb. I ordered it in the afternoon, had it next morning with no delivery charges. I don?t know any tackle shop anywhere near  me where I could get service like that.

I can?t think of a single  reason I  would want to give any tackle shop in Aberdeen my  business, far less pay the thieving council the exorbitant city centre parking charges.

Clan Ford

Quote from: admin on April 30, 2009, 06:15:56 PM
I just bought a new magic wand,  a Sage TCX. 

Fred, I've only one word...

Tart  :D

Norm

Wildfisher

Quote from: Clan Ford on April 30, 2009, 06:55:19 PM
Tart  :D

Aye,  but at least no Aberdeen tackle shop got the jam.    :D

.D.

Quote from: admin on April 30, 2009, 06:15:56 PM
.........Seems like  you have a bit of a gem there in Blair, well worth looking after. I just bought a new magic wand,  a Sage TCX.  I bought it on line from Sportfish because their  service has always been  superb. I ordered it in the afternoon, had it next morning with no delivery charges. I don?t know any tackle shop anywhere near  me where I could get service like that.

I've just been on the Sportfish site and they don't seem to let you buy anything. You click on a product and just get asked to write a review, or Email a friend ( :?).

Is anyone else having this problem or am I just being incredibly stupid and missing something obvious? I just don't remember having this problem before.

.D.

Ian_M

No problem adding things to the basket, but they don't half know how to price things during a bloody recession.   :shock:

So the basket is as far as the sage rod (from ?619.00) got.   :D
Ian

Go To Front Page