News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fly tying vice and accessories

Started by Lochan, April 25, 2009, 02:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.D.

Seems to be an Internet Explorer thing? Works fine in Firefox.

.D.

River Chatter

It's ebay for me these days. I recently bought two Z-axis Sage rods, one 9ft #5 and the other 10ft #5 in seperate transactions. Both were described as used and as new factory rods, so I took a risk... twice. The upshot is that I got them both in seemingly in good order for less than the price of one. After sales service is of course non-existant, but for the moment I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself. Does that make me a cheap tart?

Ian_M

QuoteDoes that make me a cheap tart?

Only time will tell   :8)
Ian

Lochan

I have finally got up and running with my fly tying and I seem to have done real well so far. I am glad I am patient!! So far I have been tying patterns similar to a bibio and black pennell on size 14- 16 hooks and the fishing has been great!

I am also starting to have a go at tying some salmon flies which is also a great challenge.

Thanks so much for all the advice on what vice to buy, it has been spot on and buying materials as I go has also been really useful. The websites for the materials have all been good and I have been making good use of shopping round. I hope to get some pictures of flies I have tied up soon along with the fish I have caught.

Cheers

Lochan

Part-time

Good to hear that you're getting on well with tying your own Lochan; and even better having some good fishing with them :D

Go To Front Page