News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

turks tarantula.

Started by flyboy, July 15, 2009, 04:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyboy

hello folks. can anyone put me in the direction of a turks tarantula supplier, ive been looking online to buy a few but i have been unable with the exception of fliesonline, which for some reason freezes my computer the minute i open the page with the flies on it.
are these flies fished in the same manner as a mini muddler or have people been fishing them as dries?????????
regards brian

3 weight

Its a very versatile fly, one night paulr and I were out on a loch he fished it static and I retrieved pretty quickly, it fished almost like a popper, both methods caught plenty fish.

flyboy

thanks 3 weight, i was just about to post and ask how these are best fished on a loch as my first few came through the post this morning.

paulr

Funny you should mention pike Truescot. I'm flyfishing for pike on a loch up north this Sunday and was planning on having a go with a tarantula  :) They should just be like a popper for catching wee jacks.
I'll let you know how it goes.
We should see how many species we can catch on the Tarantula
as far as I know it's just trout and mackerel so far.

cheers

Paul

paulr

Thanks Truescot.
Hope the legend lures some of those big trout for you at the weekend.

cheers

Paul

Malcolm

I've got a couple of real monsters tied up for night sea trout fishing - no success so far with them - but little success with anything so far this season so case unproven
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

paulr

I wouldn't blame yourself for missing takes to the TT Truescot. Fish quite often just splash at them. They're worth persevering with though  :D
Afraid I won't have the chance to test them on the pike this weekend.
cheers
Paul

paulr

I honestly don't think size and colour matter too much! It's just the overall appearance of a huge tasty insect.
The ones I've been having success with have a yellow body and are sizes 10 and 12.
cheers
Paul

Pointy Shadow

Quote from: TrueScot on July 26, 2009, 03:44:47 PM
Definitely will be trying the TT at night/just before dark.  On another dam of ours where the fish are much bigger i am sure the wake/disturbance the TT makes in the water will attract them.  We also have a small dam with Pike in it so we shall see soon if they like the TT. 

Im right up for a venture to the big fish water this week TrueScot. :)

Heard so much about the size of fish in there and want to try it out for myself :) Will need to go up Sprat dam too im afraid as I am desperate to break my blanking masterclass that I have been having recently. :(

Pointy Shadow

TBH I thought you lobbed a brick in the water with the splash it made as it sounded like a slab had landed on it. I turned round to see where it was and there was no doubt that you couldnt sling something that far so there must be monsters in there.

Roll on next Friday for an after dark session on there.

Note to oneself - if in doubt take waterproofs.  :x

Hope its ok to post a pic from last night as the sky was something else when the sun was setting. :)

Go To Front Page