News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

video fly box

Started by col, May 07, 2007, 12:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

col

After reading Roberth's report on corrour and his success with the pike i started to mentally prepare for such a trip,   based on what you can fit in a rucksack (including float tube ,fins, and waders)  . One problem was fly storage. My usual boxes are far to unpractical to take in the rucksack/float tube. Ziplock bags sprung to mind then i remembered all the defunct videos in the wardrobe. The cover of the best of fireman Sam was ripped off video chucked, and fly box foam placed on one of the sides it is big enough to take a good selection for a day or two's fishing and they also float if dropped in the drink .
ps. it doesnt have to be Fireman Sam :D .

nant_fisher

One of my dads friends gave us a couple of boxes like that. They would be excellent for large flies such as pike flies and possibly big rainbow lures and saltwater flies. I find them just a wee bit to chunky to carry about for just the brownie flies. Great idea though.

Cheers

Robbie
Adventure time

Wildfisher

Excellent idea Colin. Some things just stare you in the face so much you fail to see them!

SouthFly

I have used the video fly boxes in the past for saltwater patterns, they work great as long as you don't plan on getting too wet. When I was fishing down in Mozambique and Madagascar last year, I eventually used waterproof fly boxes otherwise the flies would corrode from me getting soaked in the surf

3 weight

I put a layer of foam in my video boxes for storing pike flies but it takes up a lot of space, I think your idea might be better col.

Go To Front Page