News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Snatchers

Started by claret bumble, June 02, 2005, 07:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claret bumble

Know very little about these flies and was wondering if anyone could give me any info.

What are they supposed to represent, can they be fished on a sinking line or are they usually fished on a floater and what's the usual dressing for them?

Questions, questions, questions!!

Thanks for any advice.

lnelson20

Quote from: claret bumbleKnow very little about these flies and was wondering if anyone could give me any info.

What are they supposed to represent, can they be fished on a sinking line or are they usually fished on a floater and what's the usual dressing for them?

Questions, questions, questions!!

Thanks for any advice.
Aye,the Snatcher,reputed to take buzzer feeding trout,tied on a curved buzzer hook,14 and 12 best for me,had very good result's with these flies on an intermediate with a slow to steady figure of eight,alway's worth a try when thing's are slow,can be tied any colour's black,claret and olive etc,although no suprise there,usually seal's fur,lightly palmered with a rib of silver or gold,with jungle cock cheek's.Iusually always add a tag of flourescent floss to mine,have a look at Allan's flee box,that will give you the general idea :D
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

lnelson20

Jungle cock capes are bloody expensive though bumble :shock:
Keep tying lads
Look north
Chris.
c.nelson

lnelson20

Quote from: lnelson20Jungle cock capes are bloody expensive though bumble :shock:
Keep tying lads
Look north
Chris.
It would be interesting to know how many of the lad's actually own's one of these,and how deep they had to dig to buy one :shock:
Keep tying lads
Look north
Chris.
c.nelson

lnelson20

Quote from: Ardbeg?40 for a very good cape from one source.  No I don't have one :evil:

Ardbeg
Seen one in the angling centre for 100 quid Ardbeg :shock: lovely looking cape,would have to be at that price.They also do ones of different grades 20 quid,40 quid etc,are they worth it though :?
All the best Ardbeg
Chris.
c.nelson

Wildfisher

Quote from: lnelson20
Quote from: lnelson20Jungle cock capes are bloody expensive though bumble :shock:
Keep tying lads
Look north
Chris.
It would be interesting to know how many of the lad's actually own's one of these,and how deep they had to dig to buy one :shock:
Keep tying lads
Look north
Chris.

I have ? a  cape. Alan gave me and John one to spit last year. He?s a good lad oor Allan.

lnelson20

Quote from: admin
Quote from: lnelson20
Keep tying lads
Look north
Chris.
Keep tying lads
Look north
Chris.

I have ? a  cape. Alan gave me and John one to spit last year. He?s a good lad oor Allan.
Very generous of Allan and no doubt he's a good lad Fred :D Just tied a couple of your Fredhog's Fred,had a go at the DHEa while back,but had tied them with flash brite just as a wee experiment,looked shocking,i noticed in allan's flee box that the one displayed had a forward tied deer hair,was wondering about this,thank's for the explanation.Still not tried these but hope to put this right in the morning[planning a very early walk up to my club water tommorow for a few hour's,weather permitting]some times you just look at a pattern and you know it will catch for you :shock: feel this with this fly,although i have always been a bit heavy in the ginking of fly's without meaning too,have to be careful :?
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

claret bumble

Are they more effective with JC cheeks - seen some tied with goose biots and they looked OK to me but I'm not a fish though I do drink like one.

lnelson20

Quote from: Allan LiddleUse the split feathers (straight sides down).
Keep your eyes open and decent capes come along at reasonable cost.  You only need two or three anyway.

Froward tied deer hair fly in my flee box is a D.H.E. is it not?

The Half Hogs are tied sloping back.  Fishes almost the same as Bob Wyatts D.H. Sedge though!

Matbe it's time for Allan's fleebox mark 2?  I've certainly a few 'new' patterns that have been 'doing the biz'. :shock:

Allan.
Yes Allan,copied your tying of the forward sloping deer hair emerger,missed a fish with this on sunday around the two pun mark :evil: what a way to have broken my duck with this emerger :shock: My day with this will come shortly,i hope :?  :D
Cheer's
Chris.
c.nelson

Go To Front Page