News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Season end fly swap, everyone welcome.

Started by Steve, October 07, 2009, 01:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

River Chatter

I got all excited this morning when I came home from taking one of my wee one's to her hockey game to find a parcel with my name on it. It was just some tungsten beads I'd ordered. So either my postie's a fly fisher or it'll be Monday now!

haresear

Mine arrived this morning. A big thanks to Steve for a monumental effort :applause and to all who took part.

Alex
Protect the edge.

River Chatter

Would you believe! There I was looking through the usual rainforest of junk mail on my junk mail shelf when I came across the bloody swap flies. Someone (probably one of my kids) had opened the envelope, then left the poly bag complete with flies in amongst the junk. So don't know when they arrived - could have been ages ago! Some really nice flies there guys, thanks.  :D

paulr

Mine still haven't arrived  :(
Mind you, I'm still waiting for last year's too. I reckon there's a crooked fishing postie in my local sorting office.
Hopefully they'll turn up over the next few days.
Paul

River Chatter

I participated in a fly swap organised through my club's forum about a year ago and not one fly has dropped through my letter box as a result. I'm beginning to think they're not coming!  :x  :lol:

Hope you get your flies soon Paul.

thewaterbouys

Mine arrived today well done to all that took part, big thanks to Steve for the effort he puts into this . :applause :applause

Guddler

Mine arrived yesterday morning but I've been too ill :sick;  with some sort of lurgy to investigate till today!

Looks brilliant, so many things for me to try that I probably wouldn't normally have fished and I've marvelling at some and thinking "I have to learn how to tie that." Thanks to all for cheering up a miserable few days.

Guddler

Nah - I don't really live up to my name, to be honest  :oops:
My old man told me and my brother about guddling when he had us out for a walk one day as bairns. I don't think we really believed him until he, seemingly magically, scooped a troot oot of the Burn of Lunklet. We were pretty impressed and spent the next while up to our oxters trying to do the same but without success - no patience and too much noise, I'd imagine.  :)
I've tried again a few times since but only once managed it, probably over 20 years ago. Maybe it's something I should set on to achieve next year.

fishindaft

Still nothing arrived to me, hopefully they will show up on monday.

well done steve for organising the swaps, must be a nightmare parting with all thet flies.

Go To Front Page