News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Season end fly swap, everyone welcome.

Started by Steve, October 07, 2009, 01:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty9

I'm going to keep my eyes on "the lot" for the forum donation..... Some nice looking flies seem to be included!

Inchlaggan

Long Black Pennels posted today.
Thanks for your work on out behalf.
Ken
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Malcolm

This is what you are getting from me, it's never had a name until now but I think of it as my "Night Shrimp" so that'll be it's name unless someone else has already tied it!

This is a first class all round sea trout and salmon fly and has caught many tourists for me. The tag is luminous and on a slow night you can turn your torch on and watch the reaction as a dead pool will suddenly come to life - doesn't always work but it can work wonders. If I use a dropper when fishing for salmon or seatrout this is usually it. I also fish a leaded version as a seatrout bug.  I only use about 6 salmon and sea trout patterns (not always the same 6 patterns every year) and this one has never been out of favour.

Dressing

Rear body luminous pink
Front Body Blue tinsel
both hackles very short orange (I use Genetic Saddle) 
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Guddler

Quote from: scotty9 on October 16, 2009, 01:41:57 PM
I'm going to keep my eyes on "the lot" for the forum donation..... Some nice looking flies seem to be included!

Bloody right, some mouthwatering flees that I'd love to chuck on a loch up here. Can't wait to see the selections for auction!

Malcolm

WHB

All my seatrout and salmon flies have inflated catch rates because I use so few - just like Sandy's "Hill loch nymph" will have an high catch rate because it's so often on his cast!

The fly evolved over two seasons in 1988/89 starting out as a worm fly variant but this one had something about it and caught a lot of fish for me and it's stayed more or less static for 20 years - the only change being the luminous material I use.

Malcolm
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Clan Chief

I have added a vid to the forum theatre of me tying a red headed zulu for the swap

bibio1

Steve,

Could you also send me your address. misplaced it since last year. I am doing goslings for swap 3

paul

Clan Chief

Could you PM me with your adress too please. As well as the zulus I will do some flees for the auction.

Clan Chief

A tribe of Zulus ready to be sent to the North of England.....
Excuse pic quality as my PC doesn't recognize my camera for some reason so these were taken with phone camera.

paulr

Got my finger out and tied my flees for the swap.
Size 16 hi-viz emergers with a flexi-floss body:
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]

Also some big beasties for the auction:
[attachimg=3]

Can you PM me your address please Steve.
cheers
Paul

Go To Front Page