News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

My first attempt

Started by scotty9, November 13, 2009, 10:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haresear

Scotty, you make me sick. Are you good at everything? :)

Fancy trying a mouse pattern? :)

Alex
Protect the edge.

scotty9

Thanks guys, likely a one off!

Alex i'll happily try it for you. Will likely go for the superglue method though  :lol:

Black-Don

Nice fly Scotty. Very well tied.

I have a vice from a veniards kit, not that great but would help to get you started and you can have it F.O.C. along with some other materials if you're interested. Send me a P.M. if you are.

Re. fly tying, it'll never save you money but the satisfaction of catching a trout on a hame tied flee is hard to beat.

Tight Lines.

Donald.

scotty9

Just a quick note to say thank you to wee bri for a very kind package of various tools that arrived in the post today. What a great bunch of people live around these forums  :D

scotty9

Quote from: scotty9 on November 18, 2009, 01:36:18 PM
Just a quick note to say thank you to wee bri for a very kind package of various tools that arrived in the post today. What a great bunch of people live around these forums  :D

To further that, a rather large packet of materials arrived today from guest - thank you very much  :)

And Buzz is kindly putting up with my stupid questions and showing me some things tomorrow night.

Great folk on here  :8)

PS - nearly forgot to say thanks to all the people that have given me advice on the forum and those who take the time to do step by steps etc. Scotfly's technique posts are brilliant...

PPS - And Alan for a load of materials as well

thewaterbouys

Nice flies scotty there is nothing better than catching fish on your own fly. :D

scotty9

I'm looking forward to it but going by current weather, it could be a while!  :(

scotty9

Clan Chief

Scotty I understand you are from the Brig. Were you aware that Airdrie & and District Angling Club have Tying evenings at the Hillend Lodge every Monday night during the close season. That's where I learned to tie. I learned from Tommy Stewart a good friend of Piscatus Absentus. Sadly he doesn't teach anymore but there is still plenty of tuition at these nights.

scotty9

Thanks for the info CC, I've been attending the one in Milngavie since i know a few of the guys already. They've been good to me so i'll probably just stick with that.

Go To Front Page