News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

top ten flies to never leave home without

Started by stephen_oconnor, July 26, 2005, 10:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephen_oconnor

need help on these, i really need to know what flies you should always have

lnelson20

Difficult one Steven,as we all have our favourites,but a good selection to start of with would be butcher's,bibio's,greenwells,connemara black,kate mclaren,green tailed kate mclaren,soldier palmer,sedgehog's,hopper's and daddies,these are just a few flies that have stood the test of time Steven :D good luck on whatever you choose
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

Richy

And not forgetting................................THE GREY DUSTER....

All the best

Richy

Wildfisher

Quote from: SwithunHow about the diawl bach, fluorescent lime green flexi buzzer, Okey Dokey, balloon fly, mini-nobbler orange... oh alright I'll stop.    :lol:

I?m more of a retrieve at  90 MPH, fluorescent rabbit man myself.  :lol:

stephen_oconnor

allan could you buy all those flies or do you tie some, because i don't know how to tie :P

stephen_oconnor

ok, thanks a lot anyways, so could anyone suggest a good secure internet site for flies

Wildfisher

Quote from: stephen_oconnorok, thanks a lot anyways, so could anyone suggest a good secure internet site for flies

http://www.selectafly-wales.co.uk/

Sodger Muddler

I have a favourites list but i wouldn't be able to keep it to 10 .
Kate Mc Laren,Bibio,Any Dabbler,Claret and Golden Olive Bumbles,Teal Blue and Silver,Butchers,Green arsed Dunkeld wee double with JC cheeks,Stimulators,Octopus,Ke-He,Clan Chief,Wickhams Fancy,Green Peter,Invictas,Sodger Muddler,Dunkeld Muddler,Daddies and Hoppers ,Sedgehogs in traditional patterns,Doobry,Epoxy buzzers for the difficult days with no wave  :oops: ,Epoxy buzzers have been accounting for a lot of fish on the Great Western Lakes over here at Duckfly time.
                      Selectafly offer great value for money for wetflies 20p a fly if i remember correctly .
Tightlines SM

Go To Front Page