News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Mataura Emerger

Started by whinging pom, August 23, 2010, 12:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quote from: whinging pom on November 12, 2010, 01:58:07 AM
Last time i was there I found a freshly stunned Kea

I haven't seen one of those yet, but Alex tells  me they thrive on a staple diet of windscreen wiper blades, wing mirrors etc up at Fox Glacier.

harelug

QuoteThen catch a wee fish with it That little fly will make it look like a giant!
Never considered that before! I need to start tying smaller flies.
There is no greater
  fan of fly fishing

Than the worm

scotty9

Quote from: admin on November 12, 2010, 09:43:19 AM
I haven't seen one of those yet, but Alex tells  me they thrive on a staple diet of windscreen wiper blades, wing mirrors etc up at Fox Glacier.

You need to get yourself over to milford sound, loads of kea and amazing scenery also, and good fishing! They certainly have a taste for bits of your car! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McAKzFLv7sY

scotty9

Not related to the mataura emerger but kind of to the end of this thread. I came across a freshly hit hare on the road the other day so I decided rather than let the animal go to waste I'd skin it. I got the mask and a nice large patch of its back to make some lures with I reckon. I cleaned off as much flesh as possible and stretched it and covered in salt, changed the salt a couple times and it seems to be drying nicely.

Does anyone have any tips on what to do from here? Might make a thread about this actually.

On the same trip we caught and ate a possum too, suprisingly not bad meat!

scotty9

Go To Front Page