News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Adams Parachute

Started by Rabmax, November 19, 2010, 08:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rabmax

Hello all going to tie up some Adams Parachute flies after ordering a Red Game Saddle but forgot about the Adams dubbing.Lots of patterns say you can use rabbit underfur.I have lots of wild rabbit skins.I get the rabbits free as the ferrets see to this but is the greyish blue underfur ok for the adams ?. Cheers

haresear

Rabbit looks ok Rab, but soaks up water and is difficult to dry when false casting. I use Wapsi Superfine myself.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Quote from: haresear on November 19, 2010, 09:43:03 AM
I use Wapsi Superfine myself.

Me too. Great stuff and easy to dub.

Rabmax

I was thinking that as long as the greyish blue colour is ok & its free plus i usually treat my dry flies with watershed now.Would this solve the problem of them soaking up water & make it usable. Cheers

Highlander

" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

haresear

Protect the edge.

Rabmax

Yes Ardbeg i bought it with the adams in mind as i ran out of red game in the summer after being told to tie a fly called a Dogsbody which i found to be a very good catcher along with his Pheasant Tail pattern. http://www.flyforums.co.uk/fly-tying-forum/79513-reverse-hackle-dry-flies-dogsbody.html  
I only started tying flies in ernest last winter when i joined a local dressers guild but never went back this year as almost everyone ties rainbow lures & i wanted to learn river flies.Thank god there is forums like this & a few others where you can lurk about asking questions & copying patterns. :DTalking about patterns what material did you use Highlander for the ballocks on you Adams . :lol:

Go To Front Page