News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Scoobies

Started by trollscot, August 27, 2005, 10:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trollscot

I spend most of my time trolling, but from this time of year to the end of the season i fish the Endrick quite a bit, and one of my favorite flys are mini tubes.
Itie these on bits of "scoobie" tubes they are lengths od multi coloured plastic tube ( its all the rage with kids at the moment) they come in black ,red yellow fluo green and a load of other colours, i cut them into 1/2" lengths an bell  the ends  and tie the fly, because the tubing is flexible when you put them on your line , you  just slide the fly up the line and then tie on the hook  (i use a size 18 treble) and then pull the fly down the line and the tube stretches over the knot and holds the fly in place , ( i use 12lb nylon)

Fishtales

Quote from: uncleboo
Uncle"still in the dark ages, and listening to Jethro Tull on vinyl"boo.

I got "The Broadsword and the Beast" on cd from Amazon. 'SBRILLIANT!! :)

Sandy, who never got round to buying records in his youf :)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Wildfisher

Quote from: Bandy Catcher
It's like Fred on a loch. He normally catches quack all.

Feck off locomotive breath  :lol:

Wildfisher

Quote from: ArdbegIain Anderson was one of the first into salmon farming I believe (Skye I think).

Seen Tull in the Caird Hall.  Fit a showmin, min.

Ardbeg

Aye, he does not do it himself now, but he rents his place out to Marine Harvest and reckons that?s OK and leaves him with clean hands.  Heard him defending this on the radio.  Yes, a damned good showman, but also a hypocrite.

Wildfisher

Average age?

Since we are on the subject of scoobies here?s a clue

rrrrrooby   rrrrrooby  rrrrrooo?????..

Richy

Doooooooooo................

Never mind all thae motors............... Iv'e skied doon that hill many a time intae that car park  :lol:  :lol:

All the best

And on the other side of the road and over the hill is Vrotachan if I am not mistaken.

Richy

Wildfisher

Quote from: zeolite
Richy..spot on with the location. Not the most attractive place without snow.

Nor is it especially attractive with snow, which these days is a blue moon event.

Go To Front Page