News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

which colour of genetic saddle would be most useful?

Started by brian, February 13, 2011, 01:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Moray

Apologies for hijacking your thread Brian, but there's an auld yin taking the pish  :D

Quote from: Highlander on February 13, 2011, 09:07:36 PM
And now the pupil becomes the master. ...
Alan, just because you have more of my flies in your box than I have of yours, doesn't mean I know what I'm doing.
Just means your hands are quicker than the eye can see  :D

Brian, if you 'phone Nigel at Lakeland and tell him what you are looking for, you'll get top notch advice.
His own "brand" capes are EXCELLENT value for money.

I'd be more than happy to send you some feathers from a Metz, Whiting and Lakeland to compare.

All the best,
Tony

Black-Don

Quote from: Darwin on February 14, 2011, 04:25:00 AM
Genetic saddles are going up in the states as well, hair dressers using them. 

:shock: Don't know if you're just joking Darwin, if you're not, why are hairdressers using them ?

Darwin

Quote from: guest on February 14, 2011, 03:53:04 PM
:shock: Don't know if you're just joking Darwin, if you're not, why are hairdressers using them ?
Black Don,  seems the new fad over here is to add a few dyed long saddle feathers into women's hair as decoration. 
http://www.vain.com/blog/tag/feather-hair-extensions/ 
I hope this fad is short lived, as I am a bit tight fisted when it comes to paying good money for feathers... :worried

Darwin

TackleandTying over there has #2 Metz saddles for 18 to 20 GBP (don't know how to make the symbol)  :crap

Fishtales

Quote from: Darwin on February 14, 2011, 07:58:12 PM
TackleandTying over there has #2 Metz saddles for 18 to 20 GBP (don't know how to make the symbol)  :crap

The ? sign is ALT - 0163.

Hold down the ALT key and use the numbers on the NUM pad not the ones across the top of the keyboard.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Darwin

?  Cheers Sandy.  Guess I could have opened up the character map... 

Brian, they are a small shop, 2 people doing internet only I think.   I got a few orders from him, nice guy.  did some custom dye work for me also.  (I am not connected, just an opinion. )  Larger packages to the states now take 4 to 6 weeks  :x

Darwin

Yeppers, that's a lovely wee cockerel    :tongue2

River Chatter

If ye didn't manage at least one Valentine's day proposition after making that effort there's no justice in the world.  :lol: 

thewaterbouys

I got 3 of these genetic hackle capes from wilderness angler, from the states.

They are cracking capes i got all 3 for less than ?20,i have got one on my head up at the crask stravaig olive grissle .  :lol:

Henry

Go To Front Page