News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

A new idea for Woolly Buggers.

Started by piscatus absentis, March 21, 2011, 09:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piscatus absentis

Late on last season I discovered that Angel Hair is just as good as marabou for the tail of a W.B.  A second discovery was that adding an under-tail of Glow-Brite floss made it a bit more attractive to the troot.  Try Angel Hair Firefox Peacock and shade number 12 (fluo green) floss.

On the loch some troot like the W.B. deep and v-e-r-y slow.  I use a sink tip but was losing a lot of flies through them hanging up on the bottom.  What I do now is to add an under-body of black foam to bring the fly off the bottom a touch (like a booby but not buoyant).

So far it has been working well.  Might be worth a try for some of you loch fishers when the water is cold and the troot are deep.

scotfly

Try adding some rubber legs to it too, especially for river work.  :shock:

Wildfisher

Our Kiwiw guide mate John swears by Arctic fox. He tied me up a few streamers with it and it seems as mobile as marabou but very durable.

scotty9

The salt water guys swear by angel hair and similar products. Planning getting some soon to tie up some salt flies with.

I love magnum rabbit strips, if they have long hair the movement in a river current is awesome!

Go To Front Page