News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

uv resin

Started by col, September 08, 2011, 08:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rabmax

Rabmax

Hello all thought i would bring this up again as i have had a good development on the cheap UV front.I bought the torch & UV resin posted on this link a while ago.I had sort of gave up on it as the resin would stay sticky for days even weeks after setting with the torch.I was told to order this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260945994143?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 The problem is solved now sets it rock hard without the sticky problem.Incase anyone has a torch that's not up to the job this one sure is.Cheers

Black-Don

Any chance of a wee sbs using this stuff guys. Telling us what branded stuff you're using, what thinners or topcoats and how to apply it and dry it etc,. ? Does any uv torch work ? Can you colour the resin ?

First time I've seen this thread but have seen some finished flies and when I saw a uv torch the other night it got me thinking about whether to give it a bash or not............ :?

scotfly

Quote from: Rabmax on February 15, 2012, 11:40:22 PM
Hello all thought i would bring this up again as i have had a good development on the cheap UV front.I bought the torch & UV resin posted on this link a while ago.I had sort of gave up on it as the resin would stay sticky for days even weeks after setting with the torch.I was told to order this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260945994143?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 The problem is solved now sets it rock hard without the sticky problem.Incase anyone has a torch that's not up to the job this one sure is.Cheers

Sorry if I gave you duff information RM. I use a different (more expensive) torch than the one I mentioned. The one I mentioned was recommended to me by a close friend (with an eye for a bargain) who swore blind by the cheaper torch. I shall have words with him when we next meet!

Black-Don

Those are outstanding Col , are the fibres treated with the resin ?

Go To Front Page