News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Need Help - Grizzle Cock

Started by Black-Don, January 30, 2012, 06:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black-Don

I never got round to getting a Grizzle cape last year and now need to get one but the usual suspects are/were out of stock before christmas.

Does anyone have any definate leads on a natural grizzle neck cape in stock  that will do flies in the 10-20 range at around £30. I can import from the states if need be.

kemp355

Try the farwestfly shop on ebay takes about 6 to 10 day fro the us good luck you may have to up the budget

Inchlaggan

Anyone on the forum with "Grizzle Cock" should see their Doctor pronto, its not old age, nothing to be ashamed of, and can be treated.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Malcolm

Don,

I use genetic grizzle hen capes instead. Like this http://www.fawcettsonline.com/products/Keough-Hen-Cape-Grade-1.html or metz.

PM me your address and I'll stick a few in an envelope for you to try.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Black-Don

Thanks for all the help and feathers too  :8).

Quote from: Sandfly on January 30, 2012, 06:19:09 PM
Try here Don, I have always found him to be very helpful.

http://www.cookshill-flytying.co.uk/capes.htm

Davy.

Steve is sending me a home grown i.e. not genetic grizzle cock for £ 8.50  :shock: , still on the lookout for a nice genetic cape and saddle tho'

If anyone wants to give one away then I'll be happy to take good care of it !  :P

Black-Don

O.K.,

Thanks for all help.

I ordered a homegrome Grizzle cock  from Steve at Cookshill for £8.50 but still waiting delivery. Ordered a Grizzle Indian cock from Eyebrook tackle for £4.75 but got a nat ginger barred instead( think it was my fault  :oops:) so have ordered another Indian grizzle cock cape.  Finally have ordered a grizzle hen cape from farwest but may possible still order a cock cape when I get these items in.

Hopefully this will give me a wide variety of feathers but I'm now thinking hen and cock saddle, olive, w.o.i yellow and possibly orange  :lol:

It's a bit of a bummer that after trying to get my hands on what I'm after for about a year, I have to go outside of the UK.

garryh

hi Don i sent you a pm but here is the grizzle cape i got from farwest .it was around £28 with postage.

Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Black-Don

I just got the Grizzle Cock cape ( Inchlaggan  :roll:  :lol: ) from Steve Cooper at Cookshill this morning and if anyone has a spare tenner available who's looking for a Grizzle Cock cape with a good range of feather sizes, then I'd give him a call and ask for one of the homegrown capes he has. Totally unbeatable at £8.50 + postage.

http://www.cookshill-flytying.co.uk/

01782 388382

Go To Front Page