News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

How about another fly swap?

Started by Steve, November 16, 2005, 10:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quote from: nant_fisherthey are brilliant!!  i cant wait to get my one and try it out :D
my flies arn't going to look half as good as those :(

Don?t  worry what your flies look like (note that no two of those above hogs are identical) as long as they catch fish for you. My own tyings  are  crap compared to Allan?s, Bob Wyatt?s etc etc . They still catch fish though and that?s all that matters. Preparing and presenting  your flies properly is just as important (perhaps even more) than how well the fly is tied. With  these hog / emergers what is really important is getting the body very wet  and keeping the wing dry and well ginked so it fishes the right way up.

Johnny Bandy Catcher on the tail, Allan Liddle emerger in the middle and a Fredhog on the bob.

Ye?ll empty the loch!  :lol:

nant_fisher

thatl be the first setup i try when i get out at the start of the season then :)
Adventure time

Wildfisher

I think what we should  to do when the swap is underway,   is start a new thread (or just add to this one)  on how each fly is best fished. What say you lot?

rabbitangler

Have we made a final setup for this swap? How many are confirmed in etc?
Peter :D

Wildfisher

Quote from: rabbitanglerHave we made a final setup for this swap? How many are confirmed in etc?
Peter :D

Peter,

We won?t know the final number until Friday when entry closes.

Wildfisher

Steve, I have lost your address again. I?ll PM you for it.

Wildfisher

Steve,

My flies are in the post today, recorded delivery

Fishtales

Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Wildfisher

Quote from: Bandy CatcherA squadron of Bandy Catchers.

John

Bloody hell! That was quick!  How did you manage to trim these heads so quickly? :shock:

Wildfisher

Quote from: SteveFred, yours arrived this morning, very very nice,
and only 114 days until I can try mine out.
Steve

I feel sorry for the phantom postie. With all this recorded delivery stuff his own fly box will be  badly depleted next season. :lol:

Go To Front Page