News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

How about another fly swap?

Started by Steve, November 16, 2005, 10:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ptinid

No problem - I find it doesn't stem the pangs anyway - a bit like Kaliber...some of the colour, a bit of the flavour, but none of the effect!!

I'm gonna try to get out for Grayling over the hols - who cares if I catch some - just NEED to get onto a river!
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.  ~John Steinbeck

lnelson20

Postie just arrived with the flees Steve,thank's a lot :D lovely big ordie shelfisher,look forward too fishing it in a big wave,nice variation of the grouse and claret[one of my fav's]who tied this :?: you tie a nice muddler john :D never could get to grip's with the muddler head's :roll: lovely wee black and white Allan,difficult to visually see with my poor eyesight,just have to watch for the boil :wink: fine goldhead from yourself Steve,look forward to sinking it early season,and a nice variation D.H.E[fredhog]admin,tried and trusted i believe :D nice chopwell Davie,had never heard of this one[one of your own]and a fine couple from nantfisher and son,if i have missed anyone's out please bare with me,still to go through some yet :shock:
All the best lad's
Chris.
c.nelson

Richy

Christmas arrived eary in Whitburn as my postie delivered the flies this morning.
Just had a quick peek and they look magnificent.  8)  8)
I will sit down tonight and have a good rake through them once The "Wain" goes to bed.

Thanks to all that took part, the fast  8)  and the slow  :oops:  ie me but they got there in the end.

Steve........Brilliant effort for organising the swaps as its great to get your hands on quality flies from all over the UK ...............for free  :D  :D

Roll on March

Richy

nant_fisher

The flies arrived this morning they are all brilliant! :D Can't wait to try them all out at the start of the season. My dad(gavin is his name, john was the name on the package) appears to be missing one fly that has a green tail,silver ribbing, black body and a small black hackle, but appart from that the whole thing is perfect. :D  i hope to take part in future fly swaps. :)
Adventure time

Wildfisher

Quote from: nant_fisherThe flies arrived this morning they are all brilliant! :D Can't wait to try them all out at the start of the season. My dad(gavin is his name, john was the name on the package) appears to be missing one fly that has a green tail,silver ribbing, black body and a small black hackle, but appart from that the whole thing is perfect. :D  i hope to take part in future fly swaps. :)

You are  a very lucky lad having a dad who  takes you fishing. As a dad myself, I can say with  certainty  that your dad gets as much enjoyment out of it as you do. These memories will stay with both of you for all of your days.

Wildfisher

Just got my flies. What a great selection.

Like John I intend  to catch a fish on every one of them this coming season

Thanks to all for taking part and especially to Steve for organising it yet again

I am amazed at the tying quality

One thing though, I should really get an extra flee or two as I would have stolen the Bandy Catcher and the Black and White oot, o? Johnnie?s  and Allan?s boxes  anyway so I am nae better off????? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Ptinid

Oh Crap.

Nothing yet - typical.

I'm starting to sweat now! These flies look great - well, except mine that looks like it's been dragged through a hedge - now come to think of it....
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.  ~John Steinbeck

Wildfisher

Quote from: PtinidOh Crap.

Nothing yet - typical.

I'm starting to sweat now! These flies look great - well, except mine that looks like it's been dragged through a hedge - now come to think of it....

George,

If the useless buggers lose your flees, I for one will tie up another fredhog and send it to you and I?m pretty sure the rest of the  lads  will do the same.

johnsd

fee,s arrived this morning superb well done everyone looking forword to trying them all out, thanks to all and a big thanks to steve for doing his postie cheers John. :D  :D  :D
yer going where

rabbitangler

Quote from: nant_fisherThe flies arrived this morning they are all brilliant! :D Can't wait to try them all out at the start of the season. My dad(gavin is his name, john was the name on the package) appears to be missing one fly that has a green tail,silver ribbing, black body and a small black hackle, but appart from that the whole thing is perfect. :D  i hope to take part in future fly swaps. :)

That fly is mine, if you PM me I'll post you a couple up. :D

Peter :D

Go To Front Page