News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

partridge hooks

Started by James, June 15, 2012, 02:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haresear

You really are a mine of information Mike.  A rich vein at that :D

Alex
Protect the edge.

Traditionalist

Quote from: haresear on June 16, 2012, 12:59:10 AM
You really are a mine of information Mike.  A rich vein at that :D

Alex

Merely the result of a lifelong angling obsession.

TL
MC

haresear

QuoteMerely the result of a lifelong angling obsession.

And I thought I had it bad... :lol:

Alex
Protect the edge.

Traditionalist

Quote from: haresear on June 16, 2012, 01:17:01 AM
And I thought I had it bad... :lol:

Alex

Maybe I've just had it longer?  Apparently it is a progressive ailment!  :)

TL
MC

haresear

QuoteMaybe I've just had it longer?  Apparently it is a progressive ailment!

Oh good! :D

What was it Pete Carty said?  I can't remember exactly, but it was something like this...

" Fly fishing is a terminal illness.... but the therapy is wonderful beyond comprehension"

Alex
Protect the edge.

Traditionalist

Quote from: haresear on June 16, 2012, 01:35:05 AM
Oh good! :D

What was it Pete Carty said?  I can't remember exactly, but it was something like this...

" Fly fishing is a terminal illness.... but the therapy is wonderful beyond comprehension"

Alex

I'll drink to that! :)

TL
MC

Wildfisher

Quote from: deergravy on June 15, 2012, 11:33:25 PM
[Oh and I'd avoid 'The Dry' in #18 - nice hooks but not strong enough for biggish fish

I have landed fish up to 5lb on the Partridge extreme Klink  size 18. They don't look strong though. Biggest problem I have with these hooks is poor hookup up and holding on smaller to size average fish (and I know I am not alone). I do de-barb them of course.

James

well i have just this sec finished tying up 1 March brown Emerger and fairly impressed with the outcome considering i can only use my right hand and  2 fingers on my left hand at the moment lol.
i am considering sticking up a pic of it later ,,, i know proportions are off for wing and hackle but i am happy with the dubbing / rib and tail.

i am using Wapsi super fine dry fly dubbing and love working with it , it dubs so easily.

scotfly

Quote from: deergravy on June 15, 2012, 11:33:25 PM
[Oh and I'd avoid 'The Dry' in #18 - nice hooks but not strong enough for biggish fish, same goes for Varivas 2210 and Tiemco 212Y. (IMHO :roll:)
Tiemco 2488 is a great hook]

Having used the TMC212Y for a number of years I simply can't see how you deem it not fit for purpose or the "Dry" #18. What rod, line and tippet do you use?

Go To Front Page