News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Barbless hooks

Started by goggs, October 22, 2012, 10:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goggs

Hi guys,Whats the best barbless hooks for small nymphs and wets? Ive been using the partridge hooks but seemed to be losing & missing alot of fish...Anyone tried these Knapek or Dohiku barbless hooks? 14's & 16's

goggs

River Chatter

I've never felt the need to go barbless, preferring instead just to crush the barb.  I quite like the little bump it leaves too, which I think helps to hold the fish while still allowing the hook to be removed easily with minimal damage to the fish.   :)

goggs

Cheers guys,yeah i ended up crushing the barbs down on my B170 & 175's and did find a differance......Just wondered if there was a good reliable barbless hook out there really :)

goggs

Wildfisher

Quote from: River Chatter on October 22, 2012, 10:59:39 AM
I've never felt the need to go barbless, preferring instead just to crush the barb. 

That's what I do. I have never bought barbless hooks.

goggs

Quote from: Alan on October 22, 2012, 11:40:16 PM
barbless hooks come out of me nice, had one in the face once and it didn't leave a mark, quite like them now, they also go in like hell.

You're right there Alan....Deadly sharp and easy to remove out you're skin,lol  Dropped too many troot with them last season :o  crushed barbs from now on

goggs

Go To Front Page