News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fly swap

Started by Steve, June 15, 2004, 10:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

This seems to work on other fishing forums so what about a fly swap?
Each member who joins in ties 1 pattern for each member, posts them to me I sort them and post them out.
So say 10 people join in they post 10 flies to me and at the end of the swap you get 10 different flies posted back to you.
The theme for this could be a fly that you swear by, (or in my case at :oops: )  
Interested?
just reply and we can get this started.
Timetable? how about
Reply to this post within ten days.
Post flies within the next ten days.
Once all flies are in I will post back.
Dont forget to send me your address with your flies.
pocaman

Wildfisher

A great idea Steve.

Count me in

Richy

Sounds great, and yes I would be interested.

Richy

Wildfisher

Come on the rest of you!   :D  Steve?s idea is a good one and will help you expand your range of flies.  :shock:  It?s worth a go!   Might even help you catch more fish.  :D  For example I was out fishing with Allan Liddle last week and he put me onto the Green Tailed Kate McLaren.  I caught a load of fish on it this week so swapping ideas and flies  works!  :lol:

Wildfisher

Quote from: Allan LiddleWhat am i saying this IS in the fly section.  Right that's it i'm off tae ma 'scratcher'. :?
Allan Liddle.

For goads sake min, wahken up!   :lol:

Not sure what you mean by a virtual flee box Allan,   :?  care to elaborate of give an example?

Wildfisher

Good on you Steve. I?m looking forward to seeing that varied  lion coq  fly.   :lol:

Wildfisher

My fly will not be one of my own inventions, but is one  that regularly catches me a lot of wild trout.

Harold?s Grouse and Claret.

Richy

Lads,
Nothing exciting from me other than the "Grey Duster" but I am convinced this is the universal dry fly as it always catches.

This has been a great idea Steve

Look forward to my new collection

Richy

Wildfisher

Richy,

The grey duster is a goody. I read an article some time ago by the Canadian angler Bob Wyatt and he listed it as a top class dry, especially if the fur body is not ginked and the hackle is. He reckons that makes it sit in the film and is deadly. Apparently they swear by this fly in Ireland.

Richy

Fred,
Its a wee boaby dazzler and I fish it from the start to finish of the season. Have yet to find a more productive dry.

Richy

Go To Front Page