News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fly swap

Started by Steve, June 15, 2004, 10:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richy

Postie arrived at 12.30 and the flees are here !!  Great selection lads and look forward to giving the Trout a wee look at them too. :wink:
Great idea this Steve, and look forward to the next one.

All the Best

Richy

Wildfisher

Got the flees, some beaut?s  there, waiting for me on my return from Lock Kemp at Whitebridge!

Thanks lads, really appreciated, especially to Steve for organising it all

9.45PM, been up since 5.30AM,  a long drive and a long  hard day at the bandie wheechin? . I?m awa?  tae down a can  o? beer then I?m awa?  ma bed, see you all tomorrow!

Wildfisher

Looks like some of these flees will  be getting a weetin? at Lochindorb this Sunday. Problem is  if the first ones I tie on work well, will I be able to change them? Think I?ll   start  with :

Tail : Sandfly?s  Partridge and Orange

Middle : Allan?s White bibio emerger

Bob : Pocaman?s Hen de Leon

Then take it from there, perhaps trying the dry grey duster if the troots are jumpin?

Wildfisher

Steve, the flies were great, will hopefully give them a wet tomorrow on Loch Lee.

Richy

Have had success with Sandfly's Deerhair emerger at Harperrig but hope to give the others a try soon.
The flees were all boaby dazzlers and hope you run this again soon as even the anticipation of a postie bearing gifts was good enough for me !!

Well done and thanks for your effort Steve  :)

Richy

Richy

Count me in Steve.

Something to do when the black armbands go on.

All the best

Richy

Wildfisher

I?ll be in on that too Steve.

rabbitangler

Am I too late to join in? I tried a swap on a canadian site and go 40 of the most varied and interesting flies back, the idea is great.

Will any pattern do or is it for wild troots only, stillwater or running?

regards

Peter :D

Richy

Think I will go with either a Heather Fly or a Daddy.  

Richy

Wildfisher

Steve,

Better post your address again, either by PM to the participants,  or on here, not everyone might have it.
Perhaps everyone should also send you a SAE, otherwise you will have all the postage to pay.

Go To Front Page