News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

CDC Olive Dun

Started by Wildfisher, January 12, 2013, 07:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

This looks an interesting pattern from Davie McPhail. I like the use of foam

Yet another superbly made video  :D

Tying an Olive CDC Dun (DryFly) with Davie McPhail.

hopper

and as always he makes it look so simple, but a nice fly

Wildfisher

It's an education watching him tie. One of the best tiers there is.

shanksi

Going to get a few of these tied up.  Thing with Davie is he's such a nice guy and always willing to help, top bloke.

Ian

Darwin

Quote from: shanksi on January 13, 2013, 01:45:23 PM
....  Thing with Davie is he's such a nice guy and always willing to help, top bloke.

Ian
+1  I totally agree with this statement. 

bibio1

He is revered all over the world, particularly the US. The amount of websites that link to him is unbelievable.

Cheers

Paul.

Clan Chief

Agreed! A top bloke. I noticed he's appearing at a big angling show in Canada. I think he's got family over there. I'm sure his appearance will boost his popularity over there. As if it needs boosting eh? My favourite fly tyer. Ive learned so much in the last three years or so by watching his online demos and also meeting him a few times at GAC. Hes even got in touch with me via my blog and email with advice and encouragement. Top Chap!

squeakytyres

I watch these videos in awe of the man he is a wonderful fly tier  :D

otter

Class act for sure.  Used that method for spent bwos.  Just pull the wings down before bringing foam thru

haresear

To be honest, looks like a technique more suited to tying spinners than duns to me, but I agree that Davie is a class act .
On the few occasions I've spoken to him, I got the impression that what you see is what you get. Good guy.
Alex
Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page