News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Rotary Vice

Started by Wildfisher, January 13, 2013, 06:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Crawford

Treated myself to the Anvil Apex in the end  :)

Allan Crawford

Having tied all my life with a home made vice (home made by my uncle who introduced me to fishing)  or an AA vice I'm getting on good with the new one, went for this on the recommendation of Fred, Ken and Mike so thanks for the advice I had thought that I needed something more complicated but this suits my style, nice and simple :)
Sorry about the photo best I can do just now and not worth posting in what you've tied today

[attachimg=1]

Traditionalist

Quote from: Colliemore on April 22, 2013, 02:43:31 AM
Having tied all my life with a home made vice (home made by my uncle who introduced me to fishing)  or an AA vice I'm getting on good with the new one, went for this on the recommendation of Fred, Ken and Mike so thanks for the advice I had thought that I needed something more complicated but this suits my style, nice and simple :)
Sorry about the photo best I can do just now and not worth posting in what you've tied today

[attachimg=1]

It's a very good and reliable vice. You can get much more complex and expensive ones with more bells and whistles than a circus roundabout, but in my experience they are all more trouble than they are worth. I have about ten vices at the moment for various things, but the Apex is my main vice for all my "smallish freshwater" stuff.  For big saltwater and similar stuff I have others but they are no more complex, just bigger! :) 

Most especially if you have learned on an AA vice or similar you will feel right at home, and you don't need to learn anything new in order to use the vice ( a big pain in the arse with some). The vice is  also very well engineered and with good materials so it should last a lifetime.

Go To Front Page