News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Which is the best fly?

Started by Traditionalist, February 10, 2013, 10:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otter

It would have to be one strapped to your head , only u and the river. Off course editing would be a right pain in the arse.  I seen one recently which I enjoyed immensly because it was real, un-staged and unrehearsed. 

Salmon fishing at Sion Mills on River Mourne 26 July 2012

mind u I think I would have removed the straightened fly and put on a new one.

Traditionalist

There are some quite good ones extant. But you need to know what you are doing there as well.  The right gear, learning how to use it.  There are massive variables involved.

Moggie

Thoroughly enjoyed that although I'm not a salmon fisher. What kind of camera would that have been do you think.
Do it well, Do it once.

Traditionalist

Unfortunately I can't ( easily) watch that. The music used requires a licence in this country so the video is not available here.  There are ways around that and I will maybe watch it later.

I have looked at various head-cams in the past and have used a couple.  Some are OK, but the best are expensive and still don't do what I want.  Trying to do anything else while fishing is a problem anyway, as you require absolute concentration a lot of the time. Anything else is just a distraction.  Trying to use any sort of hand held camera while fishing just doesn't work for me.  Even if you manage some good footage with a head cam, there is still a massive amount of time and effort involved in editing, adding explanations, stills where necessary to show flies etc etc etc. I don't really want to spend that sort of time and effort on it, even if I could manage it how I envisage it, not least as it would be detrimental to my fishing.

angus.milton12

I've found this a very interesting thread- a great insight into the way we analyse things from a fishing point of view.

Go To Front Page