News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Sparkle Buzzer?

Started by Wildfisher, December 03, 2003, 08:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I cannot remember where I got this pattern. I have a feeling it may have been in an article in T+S magazine some years back. I think it?s called a ?sparkle buzzer?, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I tied some up and they lay in my box for years (which is what happens when you carry too many flies) , until the final day of the 2003 season at Loch na Bo.  I  tied this on and fished it on a sink tip line with a very slow retrieve, watching the line like a hawk for any sign of a  take. It was deadly. I am certainly going to tie up more of these for next season.

The idea if to make it quite scruffy (which is handy).

Hook : 14 curved buzzer or shrimp hook
Body  :black seals fur
Rib : silver wire
Wing : a small  tuft of light olive Lureflash  ?Flash Bright?
Head : a small dub of red  dyed rabbit fur.

Start the body well round the bend, stop ? the way up to the eye. Rib to this point. Tie in the ?Flash Bright? wing, then dub on a bit of red rabbit fur (seal?s would also do) wind on and finish off. The rabbit fur tends to force the  ?wing?   back, which is what you want. Aim for a shaggy, scruffy look. I have used  very small amounts of this  ?Flash Bright?  stuff to vary  a few different standard patterns (bibio etc) on its day it really does the trick. To anyone unfamiliar with it, it is  just olive(in this case)  fibres, mixed with fine strands of  holographic mylar.

I would be very interested in anyone?s observations on this pattern. Like the name proper name for a start! Do any of the rest of you  use ?flash bright?  to good effect.

Go To Front Page