News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Forming Wing Posts

Started by Wildfisher, June 29, 2013, 04:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

There have been a few questions about this, so I thought an instructional  thread of video SBS might be useful.

I'll add more as I make them. Feel free to do the same.

parachute post
Parachute Fly Post

Wildfisher

Wildfisher

Darwin

A very good and simple pattern, I am going to try this one. 
Cheers Fred!

Wildfisher

I'd put legs on the cicada - just didn't bother  this time as they were not relevant to the demo and tend to get in the way.  :D

Darwin

Quote from: admin on June 29, 2013, 10:10:43 PM
I'd put legs on the cicada - just didn't bother  this time as they were not relevant to the demo and tend to get in the way.  :D
Yup, burnt orange legs and orange & black dubbing, and a dark olive version.  :)

gerrymaguire

I used to use a stripped hackle stem for a hackle post on parachutes, but use a gallows tool now but then I only tie marchbrown parachutes for this time of year

tomcatin

Fred..... I am curious to understand why you apply varnish/superglue to the parachute?

For a rigid-ish base to wrap the hackle? .......... never thought of it before but I guess it must help?
Sadly my 7' 5 weight that killed fascists is deceased!

So in respect and in memorium, PLEASE DONATE TO AND SUPPORT THE WILD FISHING FORUM

Wildfisher

Quote from: tomcatin on April 19, 2014, 01:23:17 AM
For a rigid-ish base to wrap the hackle?

Exactly. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't   :D

haresear

Quote from: tomcatin on April 19, 2014, 01:23:17 AM
Fred..... I am curious to understand why you apply varnish/superglue to the parachute?

For a rigid-ish base to wrap the hackle? .......... never thought of it before but I guess it must help?

I do something similar. Instead of applying a drop to the base of the post, I smear the superglue along a length of tying thread before running it up and down the post.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page