News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Its that time again. Another fly swap!

Started by Steve, February 06, 2006, 02:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beaniboy67

whens the closing date for the flies to be posted?i guessed there would have to be one so that each person got sent there flies sent in one go in the one envelope .

i guess tying 15 of one pattern would do just now and if mores needed then i can always do the odd extra one if numbers increase.

does that make sense ? lol

Wildfisher

Beaniboy,

That sounds reasonable. I have tied a batch of snipe + purples and as you say will add to it as required. Hold fire on sending  though until the entries close. That’s Steve’s decision, he is our Flee-Swap-Mester

beaniboy67

Quote from: adminBeaniboy,

That sounds reasonable. I have tied a batch of snipe + purples and as you say will add to it as required. Hold fire on sending  though until the entries close. That?s Steve?s decision, he is our Flee-Swap-Mester

i will do just that. i will tie about 15 and then top up as required then once steve's decided i can get the address for posting.
cheers.

Mines will be some

Begoukers or coom diddlers  :lol:

Harpo

Hi folks,

I love the idea of a fly swap, however as I have no fly tying gear I will not be taking part, this year, unless of course I tie some dead blue bottles to a size 1 mustard hook....dunno if they would work !

Cheers

beaniboy67

Quote from: Steve
Quote from: adminBeaniboy,

That sounds reasonable. I have tied a batch of snipe + purples and as you say will add to it as required. Hold fire on sending  though until the entries close. That?s Steve?s decision, he is our Flee-Swap-Mester

Do I get a badge :D

I thought next Friday for the closing date, that should just about give us time to get it sorted for opening day.

Chris thanks for joining in again, The Charlie Mclean is a great choice.

ten boaber if you want, just do some really easy ones black spider or black and peacock, dont worry.

Harpo you never know :wink:

After hearing that Royal Mail are getting fined ?11m for lost and stolen mail can I once again request sending your flies recorded delivery.

Oh and finally who else would you all like to see taking part?

Thanks Steve :lol:

ive tied 12 of my Coom Diddlers and waiting to see how many more i need . ive been using a standard winged version of it for a wee while and they do the damage.

This is a new style bumble edition that looks really trouty so i guessed if i tied them up and handed them out they could get a test run under the enviroments they were designed for.

the flies name Is Scottish thru and thru but some of its materials are Irish in nature  :lol:

drumgerry

I'd have liked to have taken part but to be honest I'm too feart that my flees will not be up to the standards required!  And 15 flies by next Friday might be pushing it timewise for me.  Maybe next swap I'll fling my hat into the ring.

All the best

Gerry

rabbitangler

S**t is it 15 by next Friday?? :shock:

Please tell numbers and if this is the closing date!!  :(

AAARGH!! :shock:  :o

Peter

drumgerry

Right guys count me in!   :shock:   :shock:

I'm going to keep it simple though and on the theme of spiders I'm going to tie the "Soft Hackle" pattern in Peter Gathercole's Fly-tying Bible book.  Bit like a Partridge and Orange with a longer body of seal fur and hare's ear - it looks pretty fishy to me!

Hope that's ok - any special rules I should know about or can you point me to where they've already been set out?

All the best

Gerry

Wildfisher

Quote from: Bandy CatcherRight that's 20 tied up. I tied a new pattern, it's a spidery sort of thing, but it could be clipped to make an emergery sort of thing.

John

Can you unclip it to make it a spidery sort of thing again?  :lol:

beaniboy67

how many are on the list so far?

Ive tied 12 Coom Diddlers already but wasnt sure what the official number was!

Go To Front Page