News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Its that time again. Another fly swap!

Started by Steve, February 06, 2006, 02:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beaniboy67

Quote from: Steve
Quote from: beaniboy67how many are on the list so far?

Ive tied 12 Coom Diddlers already but wasnt sure what the official number was!

12 Is right so far but with a bit of luck we should get some more taking part
some new members that I was hoping would join in I know at least one who ties his own and some regulars
NOW WHO IS MISSING FROM THE SWAP :lol:
If I have to I will name names :wink:
Lets see :?:

Steve :D

excellent.that means i can just tie an odd few if needed.

Fierybroon

Can someone send me a recipe for the black pennel.I got tying gear at christmas but haven't used it yet because I moved house in December(thats my excuse and its a braw one aright).Dont think I could tie up 13 in two weeks though,but the recipe will come in handy none the less.(or maybe bibio).Cheers

Fierybroon

Quote from: Swithun
Quote from: Steve
NOW WHO IS MISSING FROM THE SWAP :lol:
If I have to I will name names :wink:
Lets see :?:

Steve :D

Don't do it Steve... I don't know what to tie!

Try your shoelaces swithy

Wildfisher

Quote from: FierybroonCan someone send me a recipe for the black pennel.I got tying gear at christmas but haven't used it yet because I moved house in December(thats my excuse and its a braw one aright).Dont think I could tie up 13 in two weeks though,but the recipe will come in handy none the less.(or maybe bibio).Cheers

Tail : GP tippets
Body : black floss or thread
Rib : silver wire or round silver tinsel
Hackle : black hen or cock

Fierybroon

Cheers Admin,I will give it a crack.No promises though!!

pod

Right ,
somebody said spiders ,
Ill tie a sparse black hackle peacock herl bodied spider, got loads of peacock herl and black hackle feathers. Size 12 .
Howzat, easy and quick to batter out, maybe put a wee gold rib on it.
Nant fisher is champing at the bit, he lost a box with a hundred flees in it at the end of last season and refilled a new box in less than a week.

Cheers
Pod

Fierybroon

Thanks for the recipe Admin.Got the ingredients will now try and assemble THEbroon troot slayer for 2006.
Troot be warned!!!

Ptinid

Am I too late? I've been away for a while and only just got back onto the forum? I think it's 12 at the moment - is that right - for a week on Friday - or is it this friday?
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.  ~John Steinbeck

Wildfisher

Quote from: PtinidAm I too late? I've been away for a while and only just got back onto the forum? I think it's 12 at the moment - is that right - for a week on Friday - or is it this friday?

Yer aw’right Dod. Get tyin’  :lol:

Richy

Count me in too Steve,

Don't have a clue what the recipie will be but I'm sure I will come up with something.
Quite like the idea of tying up yer own Flee and giving it a name so will have to give it some serious thought.
I'm quite envious of that chap who ties up that "Bandy type Flee" and there is the "Great Leader's Hog type Flee"  :wink:  :wink:

I think I will call mine the "Tennant's Spider" and will make it up using the colours of the afore said beer can  :shock:  :shock:

Yes..........daft as a brush  :spin;  :spin;

All the best

Richy

Go To Front Page