News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Its that time again. Another fly swap!

Started by Steve, February 06, 2006, 02:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drumgerry

Steve - flies sent  by recorded delivery this morning at long last!  Hope that everyone is forgiving of my amateurish attempts :oops:  I am getting better though as I am getting in some good tying practice just now.

Cheers

Gerry

beaniboy67

Quote from: SteveBeanniboy67 yours arrived this morning
another 17 super flies, where on the cast
would you fish them?
Steve

see my above post steve.

i put some info on the  fly and what i think its best for.

cheers

beaniboy67

Quote from: PtinidI've got about 10 done so far - grabbing minutes when I can. Yet another claret thing- but a true wet.

Tied on a size 14 heavy hook, bidy dubbed with a mix of dark claret seal, and red flashaboo with a gold wire rib. Full soft hackle using hen grouse tips.

This is a variant of a fly I used a lot on WoL early last year. Then, I didn't have the flashaboo, and I used a brown hen hackle instead of the hen grouse. This one seems much better, and the hen grouse should give a fair amount of movement, with the flashaboo being eye-catching in heavier water.

Calling it 'The Tandoori', after my favourite part of WoL - Currie  :twisted:

I should have them all finished over the weekend - kinda better - got to spend most of next week in Leeds and Wakefield.

sounds gid. i wonder if we can get a nan bread on the bob and a onion baji on  the tail  :lol:

rabbitangler

17 March Brown Spiders posted recorded delivery at 4.30 this evening Steve :) . Lets hope the Royal Mail fly nicker brigade are foiled again!! :evil:

Looking forward to receiving my latest batch of flies..

Peter

rabbitangler

Good God Steve you cannot be serious (say it in a John McEnroe accent)!!! :shock:

Maybe the posties been on the site & had a change of heart :?

Peter

drumgerry

Thanks Steve  - glad they got there ok!

Cheers

Gerry

Wildfisher

Cracker!

That Andy, is what we in Scotland call  a Boaby Dazzler!   :lol:

beaniboy67

that looks handy. probably work on a bright day wae the orange hackle on it.

i tied up some broon zulu's ( like a red tag but with a palmered game cock hackle and a brown hen one at the head) to try this season.Seemingly ancient and good patern but i had never came across it until recently.

i will give your bony boaby dazzler a swim this season when the suns oot.

:lol:

Richy

Emm..............Just got word that I sit exams in March and my study time up to now is zero :oops:  :oops:

Sorry lads but I may not manage to get the flees tied in time.  :oops:  :oops:

I will take all slagging and negative posts about my non existant flees with a heavy heart as I don't like letting anyone down..........but I do need to pass these exams or I am in the deepest of Keich  :shock:  :shock:

A thousand apologies to all who are in the swap

All the best

Richy

PS Its the first swap I have not managed  :evil:  :evil: And when I look at Andy's flee it pisses me off even more as that's a belter.

lnelson20

Andy's dandy is a beautifully tied flee :D wish mine were like that :roll:
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

Go To Front Page